Monday, September 24, 2007

Out to Lunch

Today I'm going out to lunch with my sister and brother-in-law. We're going to Subway. This is not a big deal, but what I want to do is. I have never just ordered a 6-inch sub in my life. Today I am committing myself to only 6-inches of sandwich. Posting my thoughts is making me accountable for my actions in a whole new way. I don't want to post my food later and feel failure. So, committing to something new on my blog keeps me on my toes. Slacking is my default, so I need to set boundaries that will let me grow into a less dysfunctional person.

Today I will be honest and fearless,
-Paul Jackson

1 comment:

Diana Swallow said...

I hope you had a great 6 inch sub! I know how hard it can be to break those old habits but ordering a footlong because is a bargain or a habit is something we need to learn to get past. I've found that loading it with lots of veggies helps make it more satisfying too.