Sunday, September 9, 2007

Listening to My Body

Recently some major changes have been happening with me and food. My body has been telling me to stop eating half way through meals! My body doesn't care that I don't get to finish everything on my plate. My gut has officially sent out a memo to my brain, effective immediately: 1. start ordering less food when I go out and 2. start loading less food on to my plate when I am at home. I must admit that even though this is the miracle I've been asking for, I have not fully wanted to comply. From now on, I will comply. I'm frustrated by all my new responsibilities of being a stay-at-home dad and returning to school. So getting to eat, even when I'm not doing it compulsively, has been a huge comfort to me. However, my body is telling me to turn down the food and I will do that. The Spirits of Love that surround me having never let me down. This is a message from them. I must be willing to let go of something, in order to get something new in return. Today, like most days my life, my struggles revolve around my acceptance of the things around me and my ability to make positive change where I can.

Thank You Spirits,
Chinwendu

"Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being, we are enough."

-Ram Dass

1 comment:

MrsEzStar said...

You call them spirts of love, and I call them angel of god...I know you think we are so different, but I dont think so.