Thursday, October 11, 2007

Why I Post My Food

What goes into my mouth shows a great deal about how I am dealing with life. Dealing with life on life's terms is what I truly have a problem with. Compulsive eating and obsessing about food, are just my own personal self-destructive escapes from living my life. So posting my food is a huge deal to me, because what I put in my body is a representation everyday of how much I valued myself that day. Food journaling represents me much like a thermometer presents a temperature. The thermometer is not the temperature, but it can give you a great representation of what it feels like outside.

I need to post something everyday, so posting my food helps me do that. I am afflicted with the disease of compulsive eating, and reporting my food daily is quite humbling. Being humbled by the revelation that I am a compulsive eater lets me help others who suffer from the same condition. It helps me log in and post to this blog. I know that I would not stay on top of this blog if I did not make it a regular part of my life.

I encourage all of you who are suffering to: turn down the food, turn up the life.

3 comments:

Light Language said...

Love your post. Posting your food each day is honesty at its core. If we as compulsive eaters can not be honest, we can not recover. Keep it coming.

Gibbons-Camp said...

I applaud your efforts and your honesty.

It seems, judging by the community of weight loss bloggers that I've been able to discover so far, that macho bull____ must get in the way of us guys admitting that we have a problem, that we need to do something about it, and that we may even need moral and emotional support in doing so.

Congratulations on being brave enough to be honest with yourself.

Diana Swallow said...

Great post! I think posting your food is a great way to stay accountable.