Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yesterday: My First Day of School

I returned to the University of NE-Omaha yesterday. It was my first day back after a 5 year hiatus. Finding a parking spot was really easy which just gave me more time to worry about other things, like the tremendous self-doubt I was letting run a muck in my head. I realized that being in my head when I was at school was one of my biggest problems. I need my focus on school when I'm at school, duh! So, in that moment, I released my past academic failures and remembered today I'm working on building new roads of success.

I'm taking 3 courses this semester. I liked the my first day in each class. I, for the first time, do not have anything to gripe about after day one. I like being back at school. I feel at home there. I can tell that's where I'm supposed to be.

To time to go study,
-Chinwendu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me!!! Congrats on going back to school.. My hat is off to you.. good luck... and keep up the good work.. Margaret

Light Language said...

Sounds like you are set up for success. Your future is so bright I'm wearing shades.