Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Opening Statement

My name is Chinwendu, and I am a compulsive overeater. On March 10, 2006 I realized that I had a problem with food. So that day, I joined Overeaters Anonymous(OA). When I entered the doors of OA, I weighed in excess of 550 pounds. Of course, I knew I was morbidly obese, but I did not realize just how lethargic I was. I knew that physically I was not like other people, but I did not understand the profound effect my eating had on my thinking. My food addiction kept me numb, and left me disconnected from the life I was trying to attain for myself. I suffered daily from extreme chest pain. I would be winded just going up one flight of steps. Now, one day at a time, I'm attempting to work 12 steps. However, this is not an advertisement of any sort for OA. Today, at 472 pounds, I just want to share the experience of my current and future weight loss with other people. I want to get to know more people who are looking for help surviving as compulsive overeaters.

Peace & Love,
-Chinwendu aka Paul Jackson

1 comment:

Light Language said...

You go man! I am all ears and excited to be on this adventure with you. I'm all in.