Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm a big kid now!

At 5:27am today I turned 30 years old. I started my day with a trip to the Old Market Farmer's Market with My Breezy Yo! Next I went to the gym sans ma famille and chopped it up with an old friend on the treadmill. When I returned home I took my niece to a doctor's appointment, chopped it up with my mom, and then returned home with two borrowed weedwackers and a borrowed mower. After a general purpose lunch with the family, I proceeded to crushing the yard of death (an assist goes out to Cornbread). Next, the whole fam watched Michael Jackson (RIP) videos as Jan Jan attempted to entertain the children. She ended up entertaining us all. Now off to the shower, My Breezy Yo! and I ventured out to the Pizza Shoppe for my birthday outing. It was the best experience ever at the PS. By the time we returned home, the children had already been shuttled off to their rooms for the night. About an hour later, Emenike called for Katie and I told her to just let him come down. My little boy layed right next to me for about an hour just making me feel special. Shortly thereafter, I received a couple unexpected phone calls. Achinike's voice is always an interesting sound. Later on Katie, Deekie and I all headed for bed where I am now writing this entry. I had a day filled with love. I can't ask for more than that.

No comments: