Monday, March 4, 2013

Today's Word

I trust in God like the sun in the sweltering summer Nebraska heat.  Life is that sweltering relentless unmanageable heat.  My HP is the air conditioning, a cold glass of water, or a breezy spot under a shaded tree whenever I need it.  This reminds me of what I prefer - which is to walk with God.  Today I understand that my HP doesn't  have to measure up to that of others.  My HP can be called God, The Spirits, Allah, Malcolm, Jesus, or Immanuel.  They all speak to me through the through my individualized interaction in the world.  It is easy to find HP in a quiet morning meditation, but sometimes more greatly appreciated in the confines of a crazy day.  Just for today, I will trust god to open the doors to my success.  I do not and will not back door my way into situations.  A desire to grow and willingness to do work today seems more important than winning cheaply and getting something for less work than most.  I have no greater value than anyone else in the world today.  My perception often leads me to think otherwise like "ya'll stuck without me."  Today I ask, Will you show me how can I benefit my family and my fellows in a useful way?

No comments: