Sunday, May 25, 2008

This path of recovery...

This path of recovery for me is a journey that I need to be patient with myself about. Obstacles arrive in my path and there are times when I do not even know that they are there. I have to give myself time to work through difficult situations without being compulsive in my behaviors, especially where eating is concerned. My ability to recover does not demand that I abuse or mistreat myself in anyway. I must love myself enough to let go of the control that I still so desperately desire and let my Higher Powers guide me through this adventure. In the last 2 years the world has changed drastically for me. I went from an attitude of talking about living life to actually living life. I have failed a lot and that failure brings frustration. However, I have accomplished many things that I never have before. I am grateful to The Spirits for providing me the opportunity to become a more conscience, more loving, and more thoughtful person.

No comments: